cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Laxmi Narayan NIT DGP <nit.dgp...@gmail.com>
Subject why should i use apache cxf over other webservice library
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2016 06:38:08 GMT
Hi ,
    I have to convert a very high end web service application which is
written in php to

Java. Traffic will be around 0.01 million requests per second. As far as i
checked after

adding

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
    <artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws</artifactId>
    <version>3.1.5</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
    <artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-http</artifactId>
    <version>3.1.5</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
    <artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-http-jetty</artifactId>
    <version>3.1.5</version>
</dependency>

I got hell amount of jars.

I really want to keep it as light weight as possible,

i am using spring (i cut down hibernate : i think it will slow down).

I am fan of cxf but looks like for just developing restful web service , we
do not need

that much  like when i tried checking jersey and second reason i think cxf
is more into

SOAP based service (btw i jave experienced that if you just return
something which

looks like json/xml it becomes restful web service). So if cxf is using
some security

or something to make webservice very high performance or make be fast web

service.

Basically , If i am gonna use a number of jar files then it should make a
sense. If I am

going to have the same response and same level from jersey then i will use
jersey.

*Regards,*
*Laxmi Narayan Patel*
*MCA NIT Durgapur (2011-2014)*