cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fediz OIDC documentation
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 13:40:39 GMT
Hi

Interesting, I guess it is time to update that page too, though, giving
it a glance, I can say not all of those listed libraries do offer
complete OIDC or JOSE support OOB, one would need to do a fair bit of
manual work with them...

So, Fediz OIDC is a very new project, a lot has been done but a lot more
needs to be done too. As such I recommend to start from understanding
what OAuth2 and OIDC (core) is, check Jan's blog, following by
installing Fediz and then running the end to end demo (located in a
private repository - I can provide more info about it later on), Then we
can discuss if what Fediz OIDC already has can meet your requirements,
and plan for whatever enhancements that would be needed.

One important part to OIDC is the client side (RP) support - this is
where an OAuth2 client acting as a web server is authenticating a user
with OIDC. You can check two demos in the CXF distro: jax_rs/basic_oidc
and jax_rs/big_query where Google is acting as OIDC server

Cheers, Sergey

On 29/03/16 11:23, Iurii Smyrnov wrote:
> Hi CXF developers (Sergey Beryozkin, Jan Bernhardt, Colm O hEigeartaigh and other guys
who's working on Apache Fediz OIDC development),
> We are working on Talend TDFPS project and investigating Fediz OIDC implementation (could
we use it in our project). But there is no much info about Fediz OIDC imlementation and architecture.

> We would be very grateful to you if you could help and  provide us with Fediz  OIDC documentation
of implemented architecture and how could we use current imlementation of Fediz OIDC?

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/