cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Fixing up bean validation in OSGi
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 18:38:46 GMT
+1 for making the bean-validation feature independent from hibernate. I
intended to do this for 3.2 anyway. I propose to just add the
javax.validation api bundle with dependency=true and remove the reference
to the bean-validation-core feature. Not sure if this is a good idea in
3.1.x as it is slightly incompatible.

I am -1 of adding a bval feature to CXF. Instead let us create the feature
either in karaf or directly provided by bval which I think would be the
best option. I offer my help in doing so.

Christian

>>> AFAICT, current BVal release (2012!) passes the TCK for JSR-303 (e.g.
>>> Bean
>>> Validation 1.0), not JSR-349 (e.g. Bean Validation 1.1)
>>>
>>> http://bval.apache.org/downloads.html
>>>
>>> Am I wrong?
>>>
>>> Incidentally, this is the reason why we had to switch from BVal to
>>> Hibernate Validator in Syncope, a couple of major releases ago.
>>>

>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/bval/bval-jsr/1.1.0/ passes 1.1
>> TCKs (we renamed the main artifact cause naming jsr303 a jsr349 impl was
>> odd). Will see if I can update the website - this is one area I didnt work
>> on yet.
>>

> Oh, that's good to hear, thanks for update.
>

> Regards.
>
> 2: should I put the code in place that actually makes it work, and, if

> --
> Francesco Chicchiriccò
>
> Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
> http://www.tirasa.net/
>
> Involved at The Apache Software Foundation:
> member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
> http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect