cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fixing up bean validation in OSGi
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 12:17:02 GMT
On 14/12/2015 12:59, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

>> Hi Benson
>>
>> On 11/12/15 16:19, Benson Margulies wrote:
>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-6706
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-6705
>>>
>>> The changes I've committed for CXF-6705 make it possible to use bean
>>> validation, but ...
>>>
>>> 1: only with hibernate
>>> 2: only with extra code to obtain the validation provider.
>>>
>>> This raises two questions.
>>>
>>> 1: should I restructure the features to split
>>> 'cxf-bean-validation-hibernate' from 'cxf-bean-validation', leaving
>>> room for bval?
>> Please, I've heard Apache BVal is less complete, but I think we should
>> keep the option open for users who would like to experiment with this
>> Apache project
> Hi guys, happy to help fixing any gap there if you need. BVal passes TCKs
> so IMO it is a valid option.

Hi Romain,
AFAICT, current BVal release (2012!) passes the TCK for JSR-303 (e.g.
Bean Validation 1.0), not JSR-349 (e.g. Bean Validation 1.1)

http://bval.apache.org/downloads.html

Am I wrong?

Incidentally, this is the reason why we had to switch from BVal to
Hibernate Validator in Syncope, a couple of major releases ago.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/