cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fixing up bean validation in OSGi
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 11:45:57 GMT
Hi Benson

On 11/12/15 16:19, Benson Margulies wrote:

> The changes I've committed for CXF-6705 make it possible to use bean
> validation, but ...
>
> 1: only with hibernate
> 2: only with extra code to obtain the validation provider.
>
> This raises two questions.
>
> 1: should I restructure the features to split
> 'cxf-bean-validation-hibernate' from 'cxf-bean-validation', leaving
> room for bval?

Please, I've heard Apache BVal is less complete, but I think we should
keep the option open for users who would like to experiment with this
Apache project

> 2: should I put the code in place that actually makes it work, and, if
> so, where? I think it would be an additional bundle under 'osgi' that
> provided a BeanValidationProviderFactory or a
> ValidationProviderHelper.

I guess the servicemix API spec bundle should help.
Hi JB, do you think a new BVal spec bundle may need to be released ?

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1618, in the description,

Thanks, Sergey