cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Drop support for Jetty 8?
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 02:18:15 GMT
As Jetty 8 were EOL at the end of 2014, no further work with Jetty 8 will be performed from
Jetty community, +1 to drop Jetty 8 support in CXF 3.2. and +1 to make the Jetty 9.2 the minimum
to keep same line as Karaf 4.

Best Regards
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat

> On Nov 12, 2015, at 11:40 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>
> You may have seen a bunch of updates for 3.2 around getting the Jetty support updated
to allow for Jetty 9.3  (which requires Java 8, BTW).   I have all the tests passing with
both Jetty 9.2 and Jetty 9.3 now which is a good start.   However, looking through the code,
we still have a lot of reflection and other hacks to support Jetty 8.  This was kind of required
to be able to support CXF on Karaf 3 and 2.x.   With Karaf 4.0 out for a while now (with several
patches) and with us updating to CXF 3.2, could we drop support for Jetty 8 entirely and remove
a bunch of those hacks?  Could we maybe make 9.2 the minimum (since that’s what’s in Karaf
4)?

> My next step is to update the jetty transport to support http/2, but that definitely
would require Jetty >=9.2 unless we do a bunch more detection logic and such.