cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java2Ws and JSR 303 Annotations
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2015 15:44:50 GMT

This is definitely something that is interesting, but I’m not exactly sure if this is a
“CXF” thing.   CXF doesn’t really generate the Schemas, it delegates down to the various
data bindings for that.   Normally that’s JAXB.   Thus, I kind of consider this more of
extensions to JAXB.

There is a project at:
https://github.com/whummer/jaxb-facets
that aims to do some of this.   The problem is that instead of using any of the extension
points in the JAXB runtime, they forked the jaxb-impl and added a bunch of stuff directly
in there.   That’s usable, but that means you’ll never be able to use a standard jaxb
runtime.   I think it also requires endorsing the jaxb-api jar.     I’ve wondered if the
jaxb-impl has enough (or appropriate) extension points to be able to accomplish the same idea
without having to fork it.   I don’t really know.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp