cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Drop support for Jetty 8?
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 15:40:36 GMT
You may have seen a bunch of updates for 3.2 around getting the Jetty support updated to allow
for Jetty 9.3  (which requires Java 8, BTW).   I have all the tests passing with both Jetty
9.2 and Jetty 9.3 now which is a good start.   However, looking through the code, we still
have a lot of reflection and other hacks to support Jetty 8.  This was kind of required to
be able to support CXF on Karaf 3 and 2.x.   With Karaf 4.0 out for a while now (with several
patches) and with us updating to CXF 3.2, could we drop support for Jetty 8 entirely and remove
a bunch of those hacks?  Could we maybe make 9.2 the minimum (since that’s what’s in Karaf
4)?

My next step is to update the jetty transport to support http/2, but that definitely would
require Jetty >=9.2 unless we do a bunch more detection logic and such.

Thoughts?

--
Daniel Kulp