cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Drop support for Jetty 8?
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 09:40:12 GMT
And besides having an HTTP/2 supported (that would be nice) perhaps we
can also consider shipping a Jetty async client conduit in the future :-)

Sergey
On 13/11/15 02:18, Freeman Fang wrote:
> As Jetty 8 were EOL at the end of 2014, no further work with Jetty 8 will be performed
from Jetty community, +1 to drop Jetty 8 support in CXF 3.2. and +1 to make the Jetty 9.2
the minimum to keep same line as Karaf 4.

> Best Regards
> -------------
> Freeman(Yue) Fang
>
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>

>> On Nov 12, 2015, at 11:40 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> You may have seen a bunch of updates for 3.2 around getting the Jetty support updated
to allow for Jetty 9.3  (which requires Java 8, BTW).   I have all the tests passing with
both Jetty 9.2 and Jetty 9.3 now which is a good start.   However, looking through the code,
we still have a lot of reflection and other hacks to support Jetty 8.  This was kind of required
to be able to support CXF on Karaf 3 and 2.x.   With Karaf 4.0 out for a while now (with several
patches) and with us updating to CXF 3.2, could we drop support for Jetty 8 entirely and remove
a bunch of those hacks?  Could we maybe make 9.2 the minimum (since that’s what’s in Karaf
4)?

>> My next step is to update the jetty transport to support http/2, but that definitely
would require Jetty >=9.2 unless we do a bunch more detection logic and such.

>> Thoughts?
>>
>> --
>> Daniel Kulp

Sergey Beryozkin