cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Aki Yoshida <elak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releases tomorrow?
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 11:44:14 GMT
Hi Dan,
I just want to let you know before you ask about the ticket on my name.

That is CXF-6646 about WS-RM regression in 3.0.x.  But the fix for
this issue will require an invasive change and will require more time,
so I am not committing anything before this release cut. So, it's fine
with cutting a release.

I started discussion with Dennis about this regression in June this
year, unfortunately the discussion went privately as I forgot to cc on
dev in my initial message[1]. And unfortunately, we didn't follow up
until its resolution.

I will spend some time now in the next few weeks to try to fix this issue.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Aki Yoshida <elakito@gmail.com>
Date: 2015-06-19 18:56 GMT+02:00
Subject: RMStore no longer working in 3.x in some cases
To: Dennis Sosnoski <dms@sosnoski.com>

Hi Dennis,

I think the change that took place along the restructuring of the
WS-RM in CXF 3.x has several side effects that break some scenarios.
https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/b54206babc92ff982df9ad3215a0c001961bd3e3

1. corrupted data
RMMessage no longer caches the data from the DB, so the data will get
lost or corrupted in most DB when multiple messages are read (as each
iteration in the loop within getMesssages() may corrupt the stream
resource from the previous step).

2. memory consumption
RMMessage replaced CachedOutputStream with a memory based byte buffer
and this could lead to OOM.

Could you look at them or should I open a ticket?

Thanks.
regards, aki

> I’m thinking about doing a bunch of releases either tomorrow or Monday.   I’d like
to get the “last” 2.7.x release out relatively soon.   At that point, we’d create a
3.1.x branch and open up trunk for new stuff for 3.2 (and likely Java8).    It’s been 3
months since 2.7.17 and 3.0.6 so it’s a bit overdue.    I’ll likely go ahead and do a
3.1.4 as well as there are some useful fixes there.