cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Vert.x support
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 20:21:14 GMT
Hi

Thanks for your proposal.

Personally I do not have any experience with Vert.x. However we expect
that JAX-RS 2.1 proposal on the reactive client API be available next
week. Once we analyze it we can start reviewing which
framework/mechanism can help us with implementing this reactive API
proposal.

Checking Vert.x docs suggests that it can possibly help in this area.

Re your proposal below. Can JAX-RS 2.0 AsyncResponse be somehow relevant
? I.e, can it help doing what you expect to be able to do if your
proposal is accepted ?

Note we also expect a JAX-RS 2.1 proposal on non-blocking IO be
available next week - I'm not sure yet how/if it will be related somehow
to what Vert.x can do on the server side.

I guess Vert.x is Java 8 based ? We are very close now to opening a Java
8 trunk now that the last quarter is nearly here, but we have still a
Java 7 trunk...

Cheers, Sergey