cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: reduce CXF dependencies for JAXRS?
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 18:18:34 GMT

> On Aug 7, 2015, at 2:13 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>
> You should be able to get rid of the wsdl stuff.    We pulled all the wsdl stuff out
of core specifically for this reason.

> XmlSchema would definitely be required.  Way too much in core depends on that.    With
3.1.x, I’m not seeing a dependency on cxf-rt-bindings-xml either.

I think with 3.1.x, the minimal for a client would be:

[INFO] org.apache.cxf.samples:jax_rs_basic:jar:3.1.3-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] +- org.apache.cxf:cxf-rt-transports-http:jar:3.1.3-SNAPSHOT:compile
[INFO] |  \- org.apache.cxf:cxf-core:jar:3.1.3-SNAPSHOT:compile
[INFO] |     +- org.codehaus.woodstox:woodstox-core-asl:jar:4.4.1:compile
[INFO] |     |  \- org.codehaus.woodstox:stax2-api:jar:3.1.4:compile
[INFO] |     \- org.apache.ws.xmlschema:xmlschema-core:jar:2.2.1:compile
[INFO] +- org.apache.cxf:cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs:jar:3.1.3-SNAPSHOT:compile
[INFO] |  \- javax.annotation:javax.annotation-api:jar:1.2:compile
[INFO] +- javax.ws.rs:javax.ws.rs-api:jar:2.0.1:compile

With some system settings, you could possibly remove woodstox, but that would be highly NOT
recommended.

Dan

> Dan
>

>> On Aug 7, 2015, at 1:30 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> just a very open idea for now but I think it would be great to be able to
>> use CXF JAXRS client with a bit less dependencies.
>>
>> Here the origin of the issue: I created several small "all in one" jar
>> recently mainly simplifying rest calls (let take a github or jira REST
>> client as sample if you want to see a concrete sample). Of course I used
>> CXF for the JAXRS client - WebClient actually - and the only issue I got
>> was the size of the jar.
>>
>> In my case I don't care about xml stuff (mainly use String as payloads) so
>> wonder if we could get rid of wsdl, xmlschema, cxf-rt-bindings-xml etc as
>> mandatory dependencies.
>>
>> wdyt?
>>
>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/rmannibucau>