cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject reduce CXF dependencies for JAXRS?
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 17:30:23 GMT
Hi guys,

just a very open idea for now but I think it would be great to be able to
use CXF JAXRS client with a bit less dependencies.

Here the origin of the issue: I created several small "all in one" jar
recently mainly simplifying rest calls (let take a github or jira REST
client as sample if you want to see a concrete sample). Of course I used
CXF for the JAXRS client - WebClient actually - and the only issue I got
was the size of the jar.

In my case I don't care about xml stuff (mainly use String as payloads) so
wonder if we could get rid of wsdl, xmlschema, cxf-rt-bindings-xml etc as
mandatory dependencies.

wdyt?

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>