cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CXF and Java 9
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 14:23:24 GMT

> On Jul 17, 2015, at 6:15 AM, Florian Müller <fmui@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to make Apache Chemistry OpenCMIS work on Java 9. OpenCMIS relies on CXF 3.0.5
(because we need to support Java 6).
> Connecting to a Web Service fails on the server with the following stack trace.

I’m going to doubt there has been any testing at all of CXF with java9.   Certainly not
a priority that I’m aware of considering Java9 is at least a year away.

Dan

> java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving overridden method
"org.apache.cxf.jaxb.attachment.JAXBAttachmentUnmarshaller.getAttachmentAsDataHandler(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljavax/activation/DataHandler;"
the class loader (instance of org/mortbay/jetty/webapp/WebAppClassLoader) of the current class,
org/apache/cxf/jaxb/attachment/JAXBAttachmentUnmarshaller, and its superclass loader (instance
of sun/misc/Launcher$ExtClassLoader), have different Class objects for the type javax/activation/DataHandler
used in the signature

--
Daniel Kulp