cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject CXF and Java 9
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 10:15:41 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to make Apache Chemistry OpenCMIS work on Java 9. OpenCMIS
relies on CXF 3.0.5 (because we need to support Java 6).
Connecting to a Web Service fails on the server with the following stack
trace.

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving
overridden method
"org.apache.cxf.jaxb.attachment.JAXBAttachmentUnmarshaller.getAttachmentAsDataHandler(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljavax/activation/DataHandler;"

the class loader (instance of
org/mortbay/jetty/webapp/WebAppClassLoader) of the current class,
org/apache/cxf/jaxb/attachment/JAXBAttachmentUnmarshaller, and its
superclass loader (instance of sun/misc/Launcher$ExtClassLoader), have
different Class objects for the type javax/activation/DataHandler used
in the signature
	at
org.apache.cxf.jaxb.JAXBDataBase.getAttachmentUnmarshaller(JAXBDataBase.java:81)
	at
org.apache.cxf.jaxb.io.DataReaderImpl.createUnmarshaller(DataReaderImpl.java:136)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxb.io.DataReaderImpl.read(DataReaderImpl.java:176)
	at
org.apache.cxf.wsdl.interceptors.DocLiteralInInterceptor.handleMessage(DocLiteralInInterceptor.java:109)
	at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:308)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:121)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.AbstractHTTPDestination.invoke(AbstractHTTPDestination.java:251)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invokeDestination(ServletController.java:234)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:208)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:160)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFNonSpringServlet.invoke(CXFNonSpringServlet.java:171)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.handleRequest(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:293)
	at
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.server.impl.webservices.CmisWebServicesServlet.handleRequest(CmisWebServicesServlet.java:154)

Do you already have plans for Java 9? Have you done any testing?
I don't want open an issue in JIRA for something that nobody has looked
at, yet.

Thanks,

Florian