cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Aki Yoshida <elak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] CXF 3.1.1
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 10:04:58 GMT
+1

but I noticed two minor issues that need to be fixed in the next 3.1.x version.

Feature cxf-transports-websocket-server can't get installed out of the
box because it was my fault in not noticing earlier that atmosphere
2.3.0 was requiring javax.enterprise.context. (CXF-3.1.0 was using
atmosphere-2.2.6). I'll see if we can make atmosphere to have this
dependency optional. As a temporary workaround, one has to install
geronimo's cdi bundle. Alternatively, do not use this feature but
install atmosphere-2.2.7 because CXF 3.1.1 itself works with
atmosphere 2.2.x or 2.3.x. In any case,

As another workaround, I thought one could just install feature cxf-jaxrs-cdi.
But this feature seems to be missing the dependency to the required
cdi bundle. So it doesn't get installed out of the box. But this
seemed to be the case with CXF 3.1.0 as well.

aki

> 3.1.1 fixes a bunch of issues in 3.1.0 that would prevent it from working properly in
several normal use cases, particularly in OSGi.