cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com>
Subject Enhance ServerLifeCycleListener to include create server event
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 23:30:49 GMT
Hi,

As part of starting up my application I want to know when all services have
started.  Unfortunately in the case of cxf, the Endpoints have all been
created by the time I get the ApplicationListener<ContextRefreshedEvent>
but the servers may actually still be starting.

It would be useful to register a ServerLifeCycleListener which has a new
method:

void serverCreated(Server server);

I could then use this to correlated the corresponding startServer(Server
server) events to know exactly when the spring context is "really" ready.

I know this is a compatibility issue and wanted to know what other devs
thought of the idea and whether its ok if I implement it into 2.7, 3.x and
3.1?

Or any alternatives are welcome

Currently what I am doing is overriding the ServerLifeCycleManager and
intercepting any ManagedEndpoint registrations and sending them onto a
custom listener.

https://github.com/pellcorp/JavaFirst/blob/cxf27/JavaFirst/src/main/java/com/pellcorp/cxf/DelegateServerLifeCycleManagerImpl.java