cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com>
Subject MTOM only when dealing with operations that have attachments
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 00:00:51 GMT
Hi,

If MTOM is enabled, its enabled for all operations, even those which have
no need for it.  Is this part of the standard, or would it be possible to
be smarter about when to enable it?

Ideally only operations that accept / return attachments should have MTOM
enabled (at least if this particular configuration was possible via a
property)

I already have a local hack to allow clients to disable mtom completely via
an accept header.  But wanted your thoughts before I introduce another hack
into our code, if a cleaner solution would be acceptable into cxf.