cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JAX-WS client performances
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 22:01:31 GMT
Alessio,

Couple “thoughts”:

1) Can you save/print a list of everything that is a “get” from the non-message contexts?
  I’m mostly concerned about Bus/BindingOperation/Endpoint objects.   A long long time ago
(2.0/2.1 timeframe), those objects were stored as contextual properties and the only way to
retrieve them was via the “getContextualProperty” things.   Since we use those all over
the place, I added direct accessors to the Exchange, but for compatibility still stored them
as properties.   However, I don’t remember if I went and found all the places that used
to look those up via the “get” methods and replaced them.   We probably could remove those
from being stored as contextual properties and document that. (should have been done long
ago)  Would reduce the number of properties to deal with.

2) In the “array” version, you could loop through once and just do an == compare and then
only do the .equals if that ends up null.   I’m willing to bet most of the strings we use
as keys are interned.

Dan

> On Feb 5, 2015, at 4:25 PM, Alessio Soldano <asoldano@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> I've posted two comments, each with a patch file, on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-6227
.
> Any feedback, please let me know :-)
>
> Cheers
> Alessio
>
> On 04/02/15 11:13, Alessio Soldano wrote:
>> On 03/02/15 23:52, Alessio Soldano wrote:
>>> so we'd have a get method computing the requested key's hash once and not for
each sub-map, etc. I don't really know yet if this is doable,

--
Daniel Kulp