cxf-dev mailing list archives

From David Karlsen <davidkarl...@gmail.com>
Subject Hystrix feature?
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 09:03:11 GMT
Hi.

I'm wondering about creating an Interceptor for outgoing requests
(isRequestor()==true) to wrap these (synchronously) in a Hystrix [1]
executable [2].

Instead of having this as an inhouse custom component, I wonder about
creating a branch of cxf and adding a features/hystrix component (like for
the clustering support). Is this a component you would accept and be
willing to merge into master? I'm asking upfront so I don't end in a
dead-end with it and have to port it back to an inhouse-component.
I thought I'd use the serviceQname as commandGroup (namespace) and key
(localname). I also thought I'd add a protected method resolveTenant
(returning null for default) so that multitenant solutions are well
supported (e.g. the same service may be ok for one tenant and failing for
another, so be able to differenciate config).

[1] https://github.com/Netflix/Hystrix
[2]
https://netflix.github.io/Hystrix/javadoc/com/netflix/hystrix/HystrixCommand.html

WDYT?