cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Redko <drr...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Hystrix feature?
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:30:04 GMT
Hi Sergey,

What do you think about looking into this feature? I do have some knowledge
about Hystrix and it
has gained some traction in the community. I am not sure though what
exactly this guy has
in mind BUT if you don't mind, I can work with him to outline his design /
intentions and make sure
it would make sense for the CXF project (I can reply to him and work with
him directly).

What do you think?

PS: FYI, Jersey has started to integrate Netflix projects (
http://blog.dejavu.sk/2015/01/07/reactive-jersey-client-part-1-motivation/),
into their JAX-RS implementation, I think Hystrix will come soon as well.

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Karlsen <davidkarlsen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 4:03 AM
Subject: Hystrix feature?
To: dev@cxf.apache.org

Hi.

I'm wondering about creating an Interceptor for outgoing requests
(isRequestor()==true) to wrap these (synchronously) in a Hystrix [1]
executable [2].

Instead of having this as an inhouse custom component, I wonder about
creating a branch of cxf and adding a features/hystrix component (like for
the clustering support). Is this a component you would accept and be
willing to merge into master? I'm asking upfront so I don't end in a
dead-end with it and have to port it back to an inhouse-component.
I thought I'd use the serviceQname as commandGroup (namespace) and key
(localname). I also thought I'd add a protected method resolveTenant
(returning null for default) so that multitenant solutions are well
supported (e.g. the same service may be ok for one tenant and failing for
another, so be able to differenciate config).

[1] https://github.com/Netflix/Hystrix
[2]
https://netflix.github.io/Hystrix/javadoc/com/netflix/hystrix/HystrixCommand.html

WDYT?