cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: avoid using contextClassLoader inside OSGi?
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 17:05:13 GMT
Hi

On 24/02/15 14:46, Mike Wilson wrote:
> Yes, the undesired side-effect for us is that the combination of CXF, Juli
> and Pax Logging breaks down. Looking at the code it seems all involved
> parties have design decisions done with good intentions and the only
> questionable thing is CXF's use of TCCL, which is sort of the trigger of the
> problem. So I thought this would be the first thing worth considering as it
> is advised against in OSGi.
>
> If not possible to remove TCCL entirely, then it might still be possible to
> only set it during the very calls into stuff that need it, instead of during
> the whole message cycle?

Can you please describe in more details where setting TCCL in CXF causes
issues with this particular combination ? Or is the problem across CXF ?
I guess a single example would do for us to see if it is.

Are you referring to

public ChainInitiationObserver(Endpoint endpoint, Bus bus) {
         super();
         this.endpoint = endpoint;
         this.bus = bus;
         if (bus != null) {
             loader = bus.getExtension(ClassLoader.class);
         }
     }

and then this loader, if not null, is set as TCCL ?

I've just tun a non OSGI test, it is null...

Cheers, Sergey