cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Hystrix feature?
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 13:00:32 GMT
Hi Andriy,

David Karlsen is def not proposing to start supporting reactive client
API, it is more about about some advanced fault-tolerance support - we
should actually reply to him I guess.

Thanks for sharing a link though. We will have to implement it as part
of JAX-RS 2.1 work, and we'd need to have a Java 8 trunk opened for it.

It does appear Jersey is already full steam into a Java 8 based 2.1
development (note: no spec api proposals have been made - but I expect
them coming soon enough once they have finished experimenting). Dan,

IMHO it would be right to have a Java 8 trunk opened in the last quarter
of the year to give CXF a better chance of catching up sooner than later
with Jersey. I'm not trying to extend the dev discussion here though -
more or less what I said there :-)

Cheers, Sergey