cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF 3.1 release date?
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 16:20:55 GMT
On 13/02/15 16:09, Daniel Kulp wrote:

>>> At this point I can't commit to it. So I will hold off on updating CXF
>>> trunk to use the WSS4J SNAPSHOT for the time being.
>> 3.1.0 release date was only a possible plan I thought of. That is of course can be
adjusted and ultimately for Dan to decide.

> Well, no.   It is a community decision.  Not mine.

Indeed - thanks for 'fixing' my statement.

Sergey
> However, my thoughts:
> Last May is when 3.0.0 was released.   Even with frequent patch releases like we do,
I’m a bit dismayed that we’ll have gone a full year without a minor release.   Thus, I’d
certainly prefer a sooner rather than later 3.1.0.

> Dan
>

>> Perhaps the introduction of Java 8 trunk does not even have to be synced to the 3.1.x
cycle but with the 2.7.x end of life.

>> I'll start a sep thread re Java 8 and hopefully it can help with the planning. Though
having the first 3.1.0 6 months from now would probably mean there will be only single 3.1.x
release this year, not sure.