cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com>
Subject Cxf 2.7 JMS destination change what happens when checked exception is thrown from service impl
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 17:09:17 GMT
Hi,

I would like to change the existing behavior of JMS destination to NOT
rollback the transaction if a checked exception is encountered.

Christian suggested I post an email to this list to give everyone an
opportunity to agree or disagree with my proposed changes.

Currently if a transaction manager is registered (even just a JMS
transaction manager) and an exception is thrown by an impl method the JMS
message will be rolled back.

There is currently no distinction made. Even if I throw a business soap
fault its still going to roll back the message.

I would like to add code to JMS Destination to no longer propagate checked
exceptions which will result in the delivery of a soap fault response to
the JMS reply queue.

Christian has suggested we could make this change without a backwards
compatible config entry in JMSConfiguration. I am happy to add a config
entry to maintain legacy behavior..

Thoughts?