cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Remove spring and spring-dm from featues.xml.....
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 14:40:12 GMT

For 3.1, I’m thinking about removing the dependencies on spring and spring-dm from the features.xml
file.   Right now, if you do a "feature:install cxf”, you would get spring 3.2 and spring-dm
forcibly installed even if you don’t need either of them.  What’s worse is if you need
Spring4, you have other problems of multiple versions and such.    By removing that dependency,
that problem wouldn’t pop up.

If people need spring-dm, they can “feature:install spring-dm” first (or add to their
boot features or something) and it would still work like today.   That’s a user impact,
but not much of one.

Thoughts?  Any major objections?

Also, with dropping support for Karaf 2.3, I THINK we can remove the specs dependencies, at
least the API jars that Karaf has already endorsed.   I need to double check that though.

--
Daniel Kulp