cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Remove spring and spring-dm from featues.xml.....
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 15:53:04 GMT
Hi
On 05/11/14 14:40, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> For 3.1, I’m thinking about removing the dependencies on spring and spring-dm from
the features.xml file.   Right now, if you do a "feature:install cxf”, you would get spring
3.2 and spring-dm forcibly installed even if you don’t need either of them.  What’s worse
is if you need Spring4, you have other problems of multiple versions and such.    By removing
that dependency, that problem wouldn’t pop up.

> If people need spring-dm, they can “feature:install spring-dm” first (or add to their
boot features or something) and it would still work like today.   That’s a user impact,
but not much of one.
Providing such an optional feature would indeed be useful...

Cheers, Sergey

> Thoughts?  Any major objections?
>
> Also, with dropping support for Karaf 2.3, I THINK we can remove the specs dependencies,
at least the API jars that Karaf has already endorsed.   I need to double check that though.