cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] CXF 2.7.13/3.0.2
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 09:11:34 GMT
Ok, seems we need another _3 bundle to fix the problems you point out, create SMX4-1877[1]
to track it.

As I said in another mail, as this wrong dependency isn't a showstoper  for CXF itself and
so I will revert change and won't block CXF release

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1877
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat

On 2014-10-9, at 下午4:54, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2014, at 4:48 AM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> The features file would only pull in the opensaml jar/bundle, not the wrong xerces.
 We don’t use “cxf.opensaml.osgi.version” as a version for any sort of <dependency”.
  Therefore, I’m failing to see how this is a problem.

> More importantly, the _2 bundle is completely broken.   It’s missing all the *.xml
files in the root which are required for opensaml to configure itself and all the .properties
files are also missing.

> Dan
>

>> Dan
>>

>> On Oct 9, 2014, at 1:43 AM, Freeman Fang <freeman.fang@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm sorry to say I have to -1 for both.
>>>
>>> As both CXF 2.7.13 and 3.0.2 use
>>> <cxf.opensaml.osgi.version>2.6.1_1</cxf.opensaml.osgi.version>
>>> however servicemix wrapped opensaml 2.6.1_1 pull in wrong xerces dependency like(because
build against the Shibboleth repo but not the maven central repo)[1]

>>> [2]http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.opensaml/2.6.1_2/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.opensaml-2.6.1_2.pom
>>> [3]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-5565
>>> Freeman(Yue) Fang
>>>
>>> Red Hat, Inc.
>>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat

issues resolved for 3.0.2 which is a lot.