cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: How to handle "applications" in OSGi that offer / consume cxf services and want to enforce application level rules
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 14:24:07 GMT
On 24.09.2014 16:12, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> This last thing should be possible already. All the “Bus” objects are
> registered in the service registry. Thus, you should be able to look
> up a Bus and use that from within another bundle. Dan
That sounds promising. I am a little concerned about the lifecycle though.

So lets assume I have bundle A that creates and publishes the bus and
bundle B that uses the published bus over an OSGi service using a
blueprint <reference>.

The startup should work as bundle B will wait for bundle A.

If then bundle A is stopped the bus is also destroyed which means all
service endpoints are destroyed too.
If bundle A is started again the endpoints will not be recreated. Is
that assumption correct?

I think this may be a problem not sure though if it would be severe and
how it could be fixed.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider