cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to handle "applications" in OSGi that offer / consume cxf services and want to enforce application level rules
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 13:12:58 GMT
> I would like to deploy two (or more) CXF based applications into the
> same OSGi framework.
> How can I enforce common rules per application while keeping the
> applications separate from each other?
>
> I created a wiki page to show the scenario and describe current
> approaches I found and their limitations as well as an idea for a new
> approach.
> I would be happy about any feedback. Did you have a similar case? How
> did you solve it?

Re the application example at the wiki, what about having 4 war bundles,
each containing its own servlet with n endpoints, as per the text "Each
of the above bundles would like to offer and consume 0..n cxf services".

As per the common configuration, the HTTP context to which these
servlets are bound can have some base common configuration.

Furthermore, each servlet would have its own configuration shared by
those n endpoints bound to this servlet.

Finally, each CXF servlet can have a bus parameter injected into it, so
this is the extra opportunity to share the parameters among the group of
endpoints (via the bus, as you mentioned)

Sergey