cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to handle "applications" in OSGi that offer / consume cxf services and want to enforce application level rules
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 14:36:27 GMT

On Sep 24, 2014, at 10:24 AM, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:

> On 24.09.2014 16:12, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>> This last thing should be possible already. All the “Bus” objects are registered
in the service registry. Thus, you should be able to look up a Bus and use that from within
another bundle. Dan
> That sounds promising. I am a little concerned about the lifecycle though.
>
> So lets assume I have bundle A that creates and publishes the bus and bundle B that uses
the published bus over an OSGi service using a blueprint <reference>.

> The startup should work as bundle B will wait for bundle A.
>
> If then bundle A is stopped the bus is also destroyed which means all service endpoints
are destroyed too.
> If bundle A is started again the endpoints will not be recreated. Is that assumption
correct?

Yea.  That’s true.

> I think this may be a problem not sure though if it would be severe and how it could
be fixed.

Hmm…  Likely would need a tracker or something to detect when A is restarted and restart
B as well.   Not really sure though.

--
Daniel Kulp