cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Subject Re: Ideas for standardizing CXF authentication and authorization
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 11:38:15 GMT
Hey Christian,
Great you brought this discussion. I already started working on
integration between spring security (SS) and cxf, mainly because JAAS
was not sufficient in all our cases and SS provides nice cover to it
such AccessDecisionManager session controlling and so on. As Oliver
pointed out - currently CXF is bound to HTTP headers or WSS4J
callbacks requiring re-sending credentials for each invocation which
really limit users while working on more advanced APIs. I would love
to see support for login/logout operations and session handling within
CXF.

There are couple issues which can not be solved with current CXF code
- for example AbstractAuthorizingInInterceptor forces presence of
security context even if subject is not necessary and method is not
annotated with any secure annotation or is annotated with @PermitAll.

Best regards,
Łukasz
--
luke@code-house.org
Twitter: ldywicki

> Hi Christian
>
> I do support the ideas. I think it's important to include claims based authorization
concept as well as supported by Fediz, but primarely for Web SSO.

> JAAS is a good concept to seperate the transport (HTTP) and the access to the identity
store. But JAAS doesn't work for SSO approaches as supporting HTTP Basic Authorization Header
is not sufficient for SAML based protocols (SAML-P, WS-Federation).