cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Alessio Soldano <asold...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Performance issue with Content-ID computation of multipart MTOM/XOP messages
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 10:05:09 GMT
On 14/07/14 11:58, Aki Yoshida wrote:
> I'm not sure whether it is really necessary to make the cid part
> depend on the namespace string.
>
> If we only need to guarantee uniquness within a document, a single
> thread calling the createContentID method will get a series of unique
> IDs. However, as the static variable counter is not synchronously
> updated, currently two threads may get the same ID value but this
> situation is not relevant as long as these two threads are working on
> two different documents. And even if two threads may be working on the
> same document, using the namespace depending value for the cid part
> won't decrease the collision chance very much as they are likely to be
> using the same namespace value. If we need to guarantee uniqueness
> among multiple documents, we will need a different mechanism anyway.
> So, I see not much benefit in using the namespace depending variable
> here.
Thanks for the consideration Aki. This is basically my first question;
the reason why I asked about existing spec requirement is also that in
most cases the namespace there will simply be null, so we're already
skipping the if block very often...
I see not much benefit in the namespace usage here too.

Cheers
Alessio

--
Alessio Soldano