cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Ideas for standardizing CXF authentication and authorization
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 12:06:16 GMT
Spring security integration would be an interesting case that I hope can
be covered with my approach.

We could do the JAAS aauthentication with CXF without Spring Security
and then use Spring security just for Authorization.
The only thing we would need to do is provide a small module for Spring
Security that retrieves the JAAS Login Context and creates a Spring
Security context from it. Perhaps
this is even present somewhere in spring security as this case should
not be that uncommon. After that step Spring security would fully work.

This of course only can work if the Authentication phase can be covered
by JAAS. Which kind of authentication do you have in mind?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de