cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Freddy Exposito <expos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF SecureConversationTest - Fails to renew SCT, no examples or tests.
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2014 20:36:03 GMT
Hi Colm,

We are having issues working with Secure Conversation and SAML Token
renewing (or reissuing) SCT in a (SAML1.1 + SCT) scenario (using the mock
STS for SCTs).

When CXF tries to renew (or reissue) and expired SCT, it includes the
IssuedTokenOutInterceptor  in the interceptors chain (as expected) to renew
or reissue the SAML token.

However, the contextual properties  "ws-security.token" and
"ws-security.token.id"  ‘received’ in the IssuedTokenOutInterceptor
are referencing the expired SCT token (added to the context in the
AbstractSTSClient) so it tries to renew the SCT token (created by the mock
STS) against the SAML STS failing of course.

If we understand right how this is working, the AbstractSTSClient.renew()
method, when renewing the SCT, must put the token in the RCT going to the
MockSTS but can not put the SCT in
the context that is intended to be used by the IssuedTokenOutInterceptor
that is expecting a SAML token to be there (and it's getting an SCT).

The attached CXF patch fixed the issue for us and illustrate the behaviour
we are expecting.

Are we missing something here or it's something going on wrong in the way
'token' and 'token.id'
are being copied from the STSClient to the Interceptors?

Thanks,
Freddy

sct+saml-issue.patch
<http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/file/n5746374/sct%2Bsaml-issue.patch>