cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jana Weschenfelder" <jana.weschenfel...@student.HTW-Berlin.de>
Subject Problems with configuring the Jetty Runtime (SSL)
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 21:45:24 GMT
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have exactly the problem of
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cxf-users/201403.mbox/%3C5316440E.4020709@serotoninsoftware.com%3E.
I don't know if there existed a solution already.

I followed the instructions of
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jetty-configuration.html and I don't have any
success by using org.eclipse.jetty.server.bio.SocketConnector here. I
receive the error message then that the port (HTTP) wouldn't be configured
for HTTPS.

Regarding to Eclipse, org.eclipse.jetty.server.bio.SocketConnector is
configured for HTTP and is not a SSLConnector, and it also doesn't accept
any SSL Configuration if I look into the code there.

If I read the instructions of
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Howto/Configure_SSL#Configuring_Jetty,
org.eclipse.jetty.server.ssl.SslSelectChannelConnector should be used as
SSLConnector instead. But if I just replace
org.eclipse.jetty.server.bio.SocketConnector in the example of
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jetty-configuration.html, I receive the error
message "java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/user/.keystore" as described
in
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cxf-users/201403.mbox/%3C5316440E.4020709@serotoninsoftware.com%3E.

I would think that something like this would be more correct, regarding to
Eclipse:
<httpj:engine-factory id="https" bus="cxf">
    <httpj:engine port="${cdmi.net.ssl.port}">
        <httpj:threadingParameters minThreads="5" maxThreads="15" />
        <httpj:connector>
            <bean
class="org.eclipse.jetty.server.ssl.SslSelectChannelConnector">
                <property name = "port" value="9001"/>
                <bean class="org.eclipse.jetty.http.ssl.SslContextFactory">
                    <property name="keyStore" value="..."/>
                    <property name="keystoreType" value="..."/>
                    <property name="keyStorePassword" value="..."/>
                    <property name="excludeCipherSuites" ref="..."/>
                </bean>
            </bean>
        </httpj:connector>
        <httpj:handlers>
            <bean class="org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.DefaultHandler"/>
        </httpj:handlers>
        <httpj:sessionSupport>true</httpj:sessionSupport>
    </httpj:engine>
</httpj:engine-factory>

But it doesn't work. It doesn't accept the part <bean
class="org.eclipse.jetty.http.ssl.SslContextFactory">...</bean> within of
<bean
class="org.eclipse.jetty.server.ssl.SslSelectChannelConnector">...</bean>.
The error message is "Invalid content was found starting with element
'bean'.".

A similar configuration was found here:
http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/configuring-ssl.html#configuring-sslcontextfactory

But I need it for httpj:engine-factory.

What is the right way to configure the Jetty Runtime with SSLConnector?
Is Jetty still supported by Apache CXF? Btw, HTTP works fine, but I need
HTTPS because of certificates.

Many thanks in advance!!!

Jana