cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to get a public jaxrs.xsd at org.apache.cxf support multiple CXF versions
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 20:51:33 GMT

On Jun 6, 2014, at 4:44 PM, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan
> On 06/06/14 17:14, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>>

>> We *might* be able to get 3.x to handle the client in the old namespace as well via
the transformation feature.   During the parsing of the element (either spring or blueprint),
we could take the element and use the transform to change all the namespaces.  Then call back
into the blueprint/spring container to have it parse/process that new element.

> That sounds like a pretty cool idea in itself :-). But I'm not sure yet when we'd apply
it, the only issue right now that I'm aware of is that CXF 2.x clients using jaxrs:client
(and running in IDE, etc) have their beans.xml failing to validate against the public jaxrs.xsd
at org.apache.cxf, with the workaround in place...

> Are you thinking of CXF 3.x deployments picking up CXF 2.x beans.xml ? Yeah, that is
possible and I guess your idea may save it there... I'll def keep in mind...

Well, the other thing that happens is that if you use an XML editor that does syntax completion
along with the validation, when editing an XML file, you would see the jaxrs:client element
in the namespace and think “this should work, it’s in the schema” even though it currently
won’t work in 3.0.   That’s more why I made the above suggestion.  If it’s in the “public”
schema, it would be good if we can get it to work.    Basically, it allows your “#1” option
to completely work.

--
Daniel Kulp