cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com>
Subject Question about Optimization to only load the first extension found when only one is asked for.
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2014 11:23:43 GMT
HI,

The commit:

commit 22e6b39db88ab99c175ba59bbcf623830614d1d1
Author: Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org>
Date:   Thu Jun 12 12:37:26 2014 -0400

    Optimization to only load the first extension found when only one is
asked for.

Broke some code our project uses.  We are overriding the
JettyHTTPServerEngineFactory with our own extended one.   And because the
ConfiguredBeanLocator would return our bean first in the getBeansOfType
call we were able to successfully override JettyHTTPServerEngineFactory
with our own.

With the change in 2.7.12-SNAPSHOT to always look for a bean of a specific
name first, our override never gets a look in.

I have worked around it by naming our overridden
JettyHTTPServerEngineFactory bean the same as the one included by cxf
itself, so it again gets to be the chosen extension.

But I was curious as to why this change was made.