cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Talbut <jtal...@spudsoft.co.uk>
Subject Re: How to get a public jaxrs.xsd at org.apache.cxf support multiple CXF versions [romana]
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 06:20:36 GMT
On 09/06/2014 18:15, Andrei Shakirin wrote:
> Hi Sergei,
>
> I am also a bit concerned about autocomplete feature actively used in IDEs (mentioned
by Dan). Keeping unsupported element in schema can be a bit confusing because of that.
> Therefore if handling the client in the old namespace via the transformation feature
will be too complicated in option (1), I would prefer option (2) with keeping dependency client
-> frontend.

> Regards,
> Andrei.

Having superfluous elements in the schema is confusing and inefficient
(if something like JAXB is run against the schema it will generate
invalid members).
Please go for option 3.
Any change to a schema should result in a new namespace; and any
incompatible change must result in a new namespace.

Jim