cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CXF 3.0 builds tomorrow....
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 18:19:29 GMT

Thanks Aki and Dennis,

Things are looking good.  I’ve just reviewed the NOTICE/LICENSE stuff and that looks OK.
  Did a little more testing and things look fine for 3.0.   I think anything left can push
to 3.0.1.

Thus, I plan on starting the builds shortly.   Shout ASAP if there’s an issue.  :-)

Dan

On May 14, 2014, at 4:59 AM, Aki Yoshida <elakito@gmail.com> wrote:

> For the problem that we thought there is, an empty partial response
> being returned as an soap envelope with http 202 was a ghost.
> On the network, the soap content is definitely not sent. I see each
> request is returned with the expected 202 response, as
>
> HTTP/1.1 202 Accepted
> Server: Jetty(8.1.15.v20140411)
>
> The bogus content shows up only in the server side logging, as
>
> ID: 1
> Response-Code: 202
> Encoding: UTF-8
> Headers: {}
> Payload: <soap:Envelope
> xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap:Header><MessageID
> xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing">urn:uuid:d050fe7f-ed97-4d25-9fdf-84b4776fffa8</MessageID><To
> xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing">http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing/role/anonymous</To><RelatesTo
> xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing">http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/unspecified</RelatesTo></soap:Header><soap:Body/></soap:Envelope>
>

> So this is apparently not a decoupled endpoint issue but just a
> logging issue. So we can fix it in 3.0.1.
>
> regards, aki

>> Hi Dennis, Dan,
>> I think the oneway decoupled WS-RM scenario seems to be working fine
>> when I look at the client side log transcription.
>> http://pastebin.com/wRReBcqz
>>
>> One error, I believe, that I saw while I was trying out a few other
>> things was the CloseSequence generation. I wrote to the dev list about
>> this a few hours ago.
>>
>> Another error which Dennis mentioned to me and I can confirm is the
>> partial empty response is not correctly recognized as an partial empty
>> message at the server side. As a result, an empty soap envelope with
>> the default ws-a header is returned with http 202 over the http
>> response. I suppose this is resulted from some change somewhere in the
>> code that is not setting the correct state of the partial message. But
>> it seems this problem came in a while ago.  I wanted to look at it
>> today but didn't get to it. But I think this won't take time. If I can
>> get a few hours tomorrow, I can look into it. But it won't harm much
>> even the content is included as long as the http status is set to 202
>> to inform the client to ignore the content. In that case, we can
>> postpone this to 3.0.1.
>>
>> regards, aki

>>> Dennis,
>>>
>>> Any updates?   Just trying to figure out what’s left.  :-)
>>>
>>> Dan

I'm trying to track the problem down, and Aki has also taken a look. If I can't fix it myself
I'll add a test case so you can take a look.

issues, call votes, etc…) I plan on doing the 3.0 builds real soon, hopefully tomorrow.
   It looks like everything major is now done.   All snapshots are resolved, the tests seems
to be passing, the RM issues are resolved, etc…   Thus, I’d like to get this out.

--
Daniel Kulp