cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Shakirin <ashaki...@talend.com>
Subject RE: Repackaging of cxf-api to remove Spring dependencies
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 08:37:31 GMT
Hi Dan,

This is true, but the fact is that API classes we are sharing are not dependent on Spring
at all (they imports only java.*, cxf.message.*, ws.addressing.* packages).
In this case, the Spring classes principally can be loaded from the individual applications
by their class loaders: Mandy made some experiments to achieve that by repackaging cxf-api.jar.
Therefore splitting spring dependent classes from api / core would help here.

I have seen the similar situation in some other use cases as well: when users would like to
share Bus or ManagementComponent interfaces.

> Personally, I think for this case, there should be a jar in the shared area that
> handles the communication between wars and such that has NO dependency on
> CXF at all.  Not destination, not conduit, etc... A  CXF Destination/Conduit/etc....
> would depend on that, but it would live in the individual apps that need it.

Yes, this is a solution proposed by Christian - it definitely will work.
However our goal was to reuse existing LocalTransport mechanism, where LocalConduit can see
the LocalDestination registered for the endpoint. This works perfectly, beside shared lib
problem.

Regards,
Andrei.