cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Mandy Warren <mandys.in...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repackaging of cxf-api to remove Spring dependencies
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 07:21:25 GMT
Thanks for the reply Dan, I am sorry I only tried my work out on 2.7.x and didn't realise that
3.0.0 has changed the packaging of jars.

My requirement was to ensure that the system classloader did not load spring classes and instead
the individual wars had their own copy of spring. This way each war could run on its own version
of spring and be independent of others and no dodgy classloader issues would happen. This
was very close to being achievable with the cxf-api.jar as only a few classes had spring imports.
I had managed to get the jndi solution to only register Destination interface objects hence
that also only required cxf-api.jar

It might be my requirement is not feasible now but I will play around with 3.0.0 and take
a more detailed look.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply and to Romain for his comments,

Mandy

Sent from a mobile device

> On 1 May 2014, at 00:12, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>

> Just about every jar that has any level of significantly configurable functionality in
CXF has some classes in it that depend on spring.   jaxws, jaxrs, http, ws-security, ws-policy,
etc….    I certainly would NOT want to just about double the number of jars/modules we have
to deal with to pull spring out of everything and into separate jars.

> That said, spring should be completely optional.  If the spring jars are not there, CXF
should be able to detect that and work fine without it (minus all the xml configuration and
the JMS transport).

> With 3.0, it’s even a bit more complicated as API is gone and merged with cxf-rt-core
into just cxf-core.    Would definitely need to play more to figure out what spring stuff
could even be pulled out there successfully.