cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Mandy Warren <mandys.in...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repackaging of cxf-api to remove Spring dependencies
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 21:44:59 GMT
Thanks Christian,

Just to check the process, should I fork 2.7-fixes branch or master to implement the local-jndi
transport? I'm new to git so pls bear with me! I guess once I have something to share I issue
a pull request?

I am also going to produce a separate project in my github which generates 2 wars and shows
the transport in use. As soon as I have something to share I will let you know, hopefully
in the next few days.

Many thanks to everyone for being so supportive!

Sent from a mobile device

> On 2 May 2014, at 21:36, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>
> I agree with Dan that you should not put the cxf api into the shared space. Create a
small lib that contains the minimal information that needs to be shared and build the transport
upon this
> base. The users of your transport will thank you if you make the shared part really small
and simple.

> It would be great if you could upload your transport somehwere. I am sure we can help
a bit with designing the shared part.

> Christian
>
> Am 02.05.2014 11:44, schrieb Mandy Warren:
>> Just to clarify yes, I was doing exactly as Sergei described and Andrei discussed,
I am creating a new jndi local transport which duplicates local transport except for the jndi
lookup. If you give me a few days I can upload the code to somewhere on github so you can
see it in detail.

>> As Andrei stated, it just relied on registering a Destination and hence needed a
fee interface classes that lived in cxf-api.