cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jose4J and JWT
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 11:51:32 GMT
I've done an initial commit, the  code is raw, I committed to avoid
losing it :-) and to make it in time for a 3.0.1 branching.

As I said I've thought a lot about what level of support to offer.
It probably does not make sense to compete with Jose.4.J which offers a
comprehensive enough Object Oriented JOSE suport. Apache Oltu also offer
the support and RestEasy too (Bill and his team always do it first :-)).

In the end I thought of offering something simple enough such that
people can do the signatures and encryptions whichever way they want but
also offering some utility code for the main-stream algorithms OOB.
If people want to use Jose4J or Apache Oltu with CXF then we will simply
document that it is a matter of registering custom OAuth2 handlers.
I did not go for a builder style, I wanted JWT claims & headers
read/written with providers like Jackson or Jettison etc if preferred.
More refactoring will be going in, plus support for JAX-RS providers
supporting JSON encryption & validation which goes beyond a pure OAuth2
related support.
Eventually I will document it too :-)

Cheers, Sergey