cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Repackaging of cxf-api to remove Spring dependencies
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 10:06:28 GMT
Perhaps you can create a small core for your transport that is
independent of cxf and can be installed into the tomcat (or other
server) classloader. Your cxf transport would then access this jar to
communicate between wars.
So the whole cxf code could reside inside the wars and only one jar
needs to be shared.
Do you think that could work?

Christian

Am 01.05.2014 09:21, schrieb Mandy Warren:
> Thanks for the reply Dan, I am sorry I only tried my work out on 2.7.x and didn't realise
that 3.0.0 has changed the packaging of jars.

> My requirement was to ensure that the system classloader did not load spring classes
and instead the individual wars had their own copy of spring. This way each war could run
on its own version of spring and be independent of others and no dodgy classloader issues
would happen. This was very close to being achievable with the cxf-api.jar as only a few classes
had spring imports. I had managed to get the jndi solution to only register Destination interface
objects hence that also only required cxf-api.jar

> It might be my requirement is not feasible now but I will play around with 3.0.0 and
take a more detailed look.

> Many thanks for taking the time to reply and to Romain for his comments,
>
> Mandy
>
> Sent from a mobile device
>
>> On 1 May 2014, at 00:12, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>> Just about every jar that has any level of significantly configurable functionality
in CXF has some classes in it that depend on spring.   jaxws, jaxrs, http, ws-security, ws-policy,
etc….    I certainly would NOT want to just about double the number of jars/modules we have
to deal with to pull spring out of everything and into separate jars.

>> That said, spring should be completely optional.  If the spring jars are not there,
CXF should be able to detect that and work fine without it (minus all the xml configuration
and the JMS transport).

>> With 3.0, it’s even a bit more complicated as API is gone and merged with cxf-rt-core
into just cxf-core.    Would definitely need to play more to figure out what spring stuff
could even be pulled out there successfully.

>> Dan
>>

>>> On Apr 30, 2014, at 3:57 PM, Mandy Warren <mandys.inbox@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am working on a new transport which will look very much like
>>> LocalTransport but use JNDI to register the destinations. The idea is that
>>> this will allow for war-war comms on a single thread with only a very
>>> minimal set of jars on the system classpath.
>>>
>>> I've successfully prototyped this and run the initial code past Andrei, I
>>> am now trying to productionise it so I can get this groups feedback as to
>>> whether it could be a useful addition to CXF.
>>>
>>> One thing which my solution requires is for the Spring dependencies in
>>> cxf-api to be moved into their own jar. This way, all I require on the
>>> shared classpath is the cut down cxf-api and not all the Spring libraries.
>>>
>>> I was wondering whether you would consider this repackaging as an option
>>> for a future release? There are only a very small amount of classes which
>>> would need to be moved, namely those in
>>> cxf/api/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/configuration/spring
>>>
>>> Many thanks
>>>
>>> Mandy
>>> <https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/cxf>
>> --