cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Shakirin <ashaki...@talend.com>
Subject Extended support for wsdl11external WS-PolicyAttachments references
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 09:44:57 GMT
Hi,

Currently CXF supports only limited set of references for external WS-PolicyAttachments (wsa:EndpointReferenceType):

<attachments xmlns:wsp="http://www.w3.org/ns/ws-policy" xmlns:test="http://x.y.z/Assertions">
    <wsp:PolicyAttachment>
        <wsp:AppliesTo>
            <wsa:EndpointReferenceType xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
                <wsa:Address>http://x.y.z/GreeterPort</wsa:Address>
            </wsa:EndpointReferenceType>
        </wsp:AppliesTo>
        <wsp:Policy>
           <test:A>A</test:A>
        </wsp:Policy>
    </wsp:PolicyAttachment>
</attachments>

I propose to extend that to support at least some URI Domain Expression for wsdl11:
wsdl11.definitions()
wsdl11.service(service)
wsdl11.binding(binding)
wsdl11.bindingOperation(binding/operation)
wsdl11.bindingOperation.input(binding/operation)
wsdl11.bindingOperation.output(binding/operation)
wsdl11.bindingOperation.fault(binding/operation/fault)

I see that some work was started in cxf-rt-ws-policy Wsdl11XPointerDomainExpression class,
but it seems that is not complete.
Partly it is also implemented in systests org.apache.cxf.systest.ws.policy.UriDomainExpression
and org.apache.cxf.systest.ws.policy.UriDomainExpressionBuilder

I would create Jira and add support for wsdl11 references.
Any suggestions / objections?

Regards,
Andrei.