cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Mandy Warren <mandys.in...@gmail.com>
Subject Repackaging of cxf-api to remove Spring dependencies
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 19:57:36 GMT
Hi,

I am working on a new transport which will look very much like
LocalTransport but use JNDI to register the destinations. The idea is that
this will allow for war-war comms on a single thread with only a very
minimal set of jars on the system classpath.

I've successfully prototyped this and run the initial code past Andrei, I
am now trying to productionise it so I can get this groups feedback as to
whether it could be a useful addition to CXF.

One thing which my solution requires is for the Spring dependencies in
cxf-api to be moved into their own jar. This way, all I require on the
shared classpath is the cut down cxf-api and not all the Spring libraries.

I was wondering whether you would consider this repackaging as an option
for a future release? There are only a very small amount of classes which
would need to be moved, namely those in
cxf/api/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/configuration/spring

Many thanks

Mandy
<https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/cxf>