cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Aki Yoshida <elak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOAP over WebSocket
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 14:38:36 GMT
Hi Przemyslaw,
the http connections need no necessarily get closed after each call,
so I don't think this is a problem. But hosting an HTTP endpoint at
the client is often not possible by its own limitation or blocked by
the network infrastructure. Another disadvantage of the conventional
decoupled scenario is the overhead of processing the entire ws-addr
soap headers to just get the referencing ID.

I think it would be nice to reuse the same programming model used by
the current decoupled model but to use a simpler underlining mechanism
(just passing a referencing ID value with the message) when using the
webwsocket transport.

Your app looks very good :-)
If you need one-to-one relationship between a request and its
response, you will need to include a referencing ID in the message.

regards, aki