cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Repackaging of cxf-api to remove Spring dependencies
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 23:12:07 GMT

Just about every jar that has any level of significantly configurable functionality in CXF
has some classes in it that depend on spring.   jaxws, jaxrs, http, ws-security, ws-policy,
etc….    I certainly would NOT want to just about double the number of jars/modules we have
to deal with to pull spring out of everything and into separate jars.

That said, spring should be completely optional.  If the spring jars are not there, CXF should
be able to detect that and work fine without it (minus all the xml configuration and the JMS
transport).

With 3.0, it’s even a bit more complicated as API is gone and merged with cxf-rt-core into
just cxf-core.    Would definitely need to play more to figure out what spring stuff could
even be pulled out there successfully.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp