cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CXF compile with JDK 8
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 17:34:06 GMT

At this point, there isn’t a way to build CXF with Java 8.   The versions of JAXB available
in maven central cannot handle having the XML secure processing flag turned on by default.
  Until Oracle releases a new version of JAXB, I’m not sure what we can do.     The only
option available would be to start depending directly on the “internal” versions of JAXB
found in the JDK, but that has other issues, particularly with IDE’s like Eclipse that restrict
that as well as on Java6 where the internal version is based on 2.1 instead of 2.2.

Also, a couple other plugins still have issues.  For example, the jibx plugin fails on java8
as well.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp